Goal # 2
To improve communication with parents and increase community involvement within the school.
- Reporting student achievement results to parents
- Encouraging parent involvement through Parent Advisory Councils, School Planning Councils and the District Parent Advisory Council
· Communication with parents and parental involvement are seen as concerns from students, staff, parents and the community.
Performance Indicators and Targets
- Survey Results- the school will utilize data collected from parent and student surveys in order to address concerns and issues. Our target is to deminish the number of concerns
- Attendance at Events- the school will monitor attendance of community members at various school events attempting to increase numbers over the three years.
- Attendance at Parent-Teacher Conferences- the school will monitor the attendance of parents at parent-teacher interviews, meet the teacher nights, and student-led conferences attempting to increase numbers over the three years.
- Parent Volunteers- the school will track the number of parents and community volunteers during extra-curricular events and activities attempting to increase numbers over the three years.
(Actions, responsibilities, resources, time lines)
Year One Strategies
to communicate with parents and the community
Administrator, PAC, Teachers, Students
Develop school wide student led conferences
Administrators, Coordinators, Teachers, Students
Invite community members to assist with school events
Administration, Teachers, Student Support Workers, Students